Rewarding academic achievement.
In recognition to excellent academic achievements. The Ohio University offers several merit scholarships for incoming freshmen entering the university.
The Ohio State University, commonly Ohio State, OSU, or tOSU, is a public land-grant research university in Columbus, Ohio. The flagship of the University System of Ohio, it is considered a Public Ivy, and has been ranked by major institutional rankings as among the best public universities in the United States. Ohio merit award, for most awards, Ohio state university consider academic achievement only, while for others financial need is also considered. International freshmen are not eligible for merit scholarships.
Merit scholarships are competitive and are not guaranteed these scholarships cannot be combined, except for the National Buckeye Scholarship. Award amounts and criteria are subject to change without notice.
Requirement for award of scholarship at Ohio state university scholarship:
Scholarship aid that is offered by Ohio State is automatically accepted. Each scholarship may have differing eligibility and renewal requirements.
- You must be enrolled full time at Ohio State.
- You must be pursuing your first undergraduate degree.
- You must maintain the minimum GPA requirement by the time of evaluation (see table below).
- If you meet the minimum GPA requirement by the time of evaluation, your scholarship will be renewed automatically for up to eight semesters.
- Other eligibility requirements may exist for specific programs and will be communicated to you.
The University-administered scholarships are offered to new, incoming freshman as part of the admissions process. Attending another institution may cause a student to forfeit an Ohio State scholarship.
A semester of eligibility is considered used any time a student receives university administered merit or need-based aid. If you have questions regarding your eligibility for your scholarship after attending another institution please visit the Ohio state merit award eligibility requirement.
apply for the Ohio state university admission here